- Lead by example, promote and portray company values, always look out for your safety and the safety of others, conduct business with integrity, strive for excellence in all aspects of the job, be motivated to succeed and improve skills, and hold self and others accountable for actions.
- Mix cement or epoxy grouts using a concrete mixing machine.
- Assist in building or reinforcing forms and bracing prior to pours.
- Signal the concrete delivery into position to facilitate pouring.
- Load, transport, and unload tools, equipment, and supplies
- Spread concrete to specified depth and workable consistency using a float to bring water to the surface and produce soft topping.
- Level, smooth and shape surfaces of freshly poured concrete using straight edge and float to specified finish.
- Ability in lifting, positioning, and securing materials and workpieces.
- Use hand tools such as hand floats, channel floats, power screed, hand screed and edges, bull float, and Fresno float.
- Ability to identify defects in finish and correct as needed.
- Remove rough defects from concrete using a concrete grinder or chisel and hammer.
- Work under the immediate supervision of Forman and/or superintendent.
- Responsible for complying with all safety and project rules including PPE’s.
- Occasionally responsible for finishing crew during the pour, ensuring a quality finish.
- Properly finish curb.
- Ability to use trowel machines and mechanical screeds.
- Ability to operate early entry saw.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Proficient in reading, writing, addition, and subtraction.
- Observe flat drawings or diagrams and understand how they would look like solid objects.
- Ability to manage and supervise during pour less than 25 cubic yards.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Work at heights without fear.
- Work with rubber boots, bucket, hand float, hand trowel, and edger.
- Rely upon instruction and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Physical requirements:
- Manually lift/carry 50-100 lbs
- Stand and walk for long periods of time
- Carry tools/equipment
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl for extended periods of time
- Perform all required tasks during extreme weather conditions (hot/cold)
- Desired Experience – 3-5 Years Concrete Experience And Minimum Of 2 Years Of Related Construction Experience.
- Siema Safety Training Course
- Employee/Safety Orientation
- Continuing Education Certifications
- Flagger Certified
- Small Tools Training
- Introduction to Equipment Course
- Advanced Concrete Principles
- Basic Plan Reading
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It is not intended to serve as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities required of personnel so classified.